There are always a million things on my mind that I want to do, so I decided to set some goals for the end of the year. These are 5 things I have been talking about doing for awhile now and important to my overall happiness in some way.
1. Run a 5k or find a 5k to sign up for- I think this would be something fun for Connor and I to do together. I love running, so doing a little race would be fun.
2. Find somewhere to volunteer- There are tons of organizations in Chicago that I can get involved with! I really wanted to run with Back On My Feet, which is an organization I was involved with in high school and college in Indianapolis, but unfortunately the locations and running times don’t match up well with my current work schedule. Hopefully I can get involved after I’m done with training at work! I’m hoping to do something where I can work with kids too.
3. Start a podcast- I have no idea what I want to talk about yet, but I have a few ideas so far. Podcasts have been a big part of my life lately, so I thought it could be fun for me to start my own.
4. Try out Imperfect Produce- Connor and I have been meaning to do this. We see signs everywhere! Basically it’s a subscription for a box of fruit or veggies every week or every other week that aren’t in the best shape to be sold in stores! It’s a good way to reduce food waste.
5. Go on 5 more weekend trips- Y’all have probably noticed that Connor and I go on a quite a few weekend trips. Hopefully, we can make a few more before the end of the year! I want to go to Sleeping Bear Dunes for sure!