I don’t think I have ever done a tag blog post before, so this is pretty exciting! Thanks for the tag, Becky! If you don’t already follow Becky, AKA Strikeouts + Sprinkles, definitely check out her posts. I will have one linked here. She posts about anything from sports to running to everyday life! I have been following her for as long as I can remember and love reading her posts! Thanks again for tagging me.
Here are the tag questions from Becky and my answers:
- Thoughts on Christmas lights staying up all year round? I don’t mind it! I definitely feel like the Christmas season kind of starts when lights start going up, but they are so pretty that year round would be nice!
- When do you start listening to Christmas music? I start listening to Christmas music when my boyfriend starts playing it. I have never been a huge Christmas music fan, but Connor is, so usually around November I would say.
- When is too early to start listening to/playing Christmas music? Before Halloween! Before Thanksgiving might even be too early.
- How do you do your Christmas shopping—in the stores/online/combination? I used to do it all in stores, but now it is more of a combo. I placed an order from Glossier online this year, but everything else I picked up at little shops over the past couple months!
- What’s your favorite family tradition around this time of year? I like Christmas Eve with my whole family. I don’t see some of my cousins too often so it is good to see them. I also like watching Christmas Hauls on YouTube with my sister and parents on Christmas morning. Kind of random, but my sister and I have been watching them since middle school, so it’s fun to keep the tradition alive.
- Real or fake tree? We always had a fake tree before I went to college, but now we get a real tree! I think I like having a real tree better.
- Favorite Christmas song? “Step Into Christmas” by Elton John
- Favorite Christmas movie? The Christmas Box
- What’s the worst Christmas present you’ve ever received? I honestly can’t think of an answer to this. I always love everything anyone gets for me!
- Who is the toughest person you have to buy for this Christmas? My dad. I never know what to get him!
- Frosty the Snowman or Rudolph? Rudolph!
- Do you have to attend any Christmas/holiday parties this season? I went to a holiday bar crawl in Wrigleyville with friends if that counts (lol). I also had a holiday dinner with my team at work. We went to Girl And The Goat and it was so yummy and fun! The cocktails were great and the veggie dishes were my favorite. Can’t go wrong with cauliflower!
I’m not going to tag anyone because it is pretty much Christmas already. I’m a little late with the tag, but I’ll be more prompt on this next year! Comment your favorite holiday tradition, favorite gift you gave, or favorite holiday food/drink!