Spring Break in Miami, Florida

Back with my second, and final spring break related blog post! I recently returned from spring break in Miami with 5 of my friends. We opted to drive to save money and I don’t think I am ever going to drive on a trip over 10 hours again because it was LONG! But car rides can be fun, so maybe I’ll go back on that statement.

We stayed in North Beach. It was a little out of our price range to stay in South Beach, but regardless we liked the hotel we were at and everything seemed to be relatively far apart, so it really didn’t matter in end. Our hotel was pretty nice and we ended up having a huge balcony which was super nice. Honestly, I was so happy just to feel warm weather and to be able to walk outside without my winter coat.


We left Thursday night around 9pm to start our long journey to Miami. That is pretty much all that happened on Thursday 🙂


We arrived in Miami around 5pm, so we were very hungry. We checked into our room, got settled, and then went to dinner at a place called Norman’s Tavern. It was super close to our hotel and seemed to have something we would all like on the menu. I got a margarita because it was happy hour and a portobello mushroom sandwich. It was pretty good except I feel like it was missing a mushroom (reference picture lol). After that we played euchre and went to bed because we were tired from the long drive.


On Saturday, the weather wasn’t super warm so we hung around our hotel. We got bagels for breakfast at New York Bagel Deli across the street. We all agreed that the bagels were really good!

We grabbed some groceries at Publix, played cards, and went in the hot tub. For dinner, we had BurgerFi. I got the veggie burger and added an egg. It was decent, but I feel like BurgerFi is a little overpriced.


This was an early morning for us. We decided to go to Key West for the day and do a snorkeling trip, so we got up around 5am to drive down.

We arrived in Key West around 9, just in time for the trip. It was really fun and the water felt so good. We all had some equipment issues whether it was our life vests or our goggles, but regardless, we created some funny memories.

After the snorkeling trip, we got lunch at Blue Macaw Island Eats & Bar. We had planned to go to Blue Heaven, but the wait was pretty long and we were hungry. I got a portobello mushroom quesadilla and a mojito. It was good and filled me up for the day.

Then we headed to the beach to get some sun. After our time at the beach, we stopped at the Key Lime Pie Co. so Connor could get the key lime pie he really wanted. I got a key lime slushie and it was SO sour, but very refreshing. Then we headed home.


I went to the Museum of Ice Cream on Monday morning with Connor. I actually already blogged about it, so you can check that out here if you are interested.

After many ice cream treats, Connor and I attempted to take the free trolley back to our hotel. It was a super crowded trolley so Connor and I had to hold on tight to the bar above us. Sadly, we are both relatively short and were struggling to hold on and not fly around the trolley. It was funny and my arms got quite the stretch. Once, we got back to the hotel, we all went to a mall in South Beach and got lunch at Cuba Bella.

It was a gloomy day, so it was a good day for this. Later that night, we went to a club. It wasn’t a very fun club in my opinion, but we got in for half the price which was nice.


We had a beach day on Tuesday. It was a super nice day in Miami, so we went to the beach outside our hotel for the first time. It was nice spending the day in the sun, and after we got tired and bored, we went to La Perrada de Edgar for lunch.

Connor saw this place on a list of recommendations from Anthony Bourdain. Lucky for me, there was a veggie dog among many other hot dogs, so I tried my first vegetarian hot dog ever. It was decent, but filled me up, so I was happy.


Everglades National Park was the destination for Wednesday. After an hour in the car, we made it to the park. We decided to do the Rowdy Bend Trail.

It ended up being way longer than we thought. There were a lot of trees to climb through, but it made the trails more interesting. I actually had a lot of fun and enjoyed the fresh air, but I was definitely tired. I was a little sad we didn’t see any alligators though. At one point, we sent Noah to run to find the car because we were so excited to get to the car. Once we got to the car, we raced to a gas station to grab Gatorade because we made the mistake of not bringing water on the hike. Once we got back to the hotel we all got ready to head to dinner. We went to Wynwood, which I was really excited to go to.

I was hoping to see some of the Wynwood Walls, but it was night, so I didn’t get to! We went to to a couple bars: El Patio and the Wood Tavern. I really liked the drink I got at the Wood Tavern and it was just a giant bar in general! I wish we would have gone there earlier in the week. We went to the Butcher Shop for dinner. I got a vegan tostada. It was alright. I don’t think I would recommend it.

I also got a jalapeno passion fruit margarita, which I did enjoy. I pretty much love all things passion fruit. And finally, I went to 1-800-LUCKY to get an ice cream from Taiyaki NYC. I got the chocolate unicorn cone, but ended up trading with Zack because he decided he didn’t want the matcha and sesame flavor.


We woke up at 5:30 and headed home! It was a long drive and I realized I don’t really like Dunkin’ Donuts.

Overall, I had a really nice time in Miami. I was happy to go on one last trip with my college friends before the real world. I loved the weather and all of the little adventures we went on. I hope to go back to go to Wynwood again and try out some more “foodie” restaurants.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s