One thing I did this year was try out some new TV shows. I don’t have a Netflix account or a TV of my own, but my boyfriend has both. We got into quite a few shows this year and are looking forward to new seasons of many of them coming up this summer and fall. I had always relied on YouTube for my entertainment and think I will always prefer it just because I have been watching certain people for 8 or 9 years now. However, I really enjoyed a lot of different shows this year and wanted to let you guys know which my favorites were and some other good recommendations.
- Peaky Blinders- probably my favorite of all the shows we watched. Honestly, I thought I would hate it when we started it, but the characters are so interesting and draw you in to all of the action.
- Shameless- this may tie for first, but I’ll give it second. I was obsessed with this show for a few weeks. I loved the first 2 or 3 seasons and the characters. The show has definitely gotten a bit worse, but I still loved it, and am looking forward to new episodes.
- Parks and Rec- I loved how funny and how easy it was to watch this show. The characters were all so funny and I feel like as a viewer I was able to really get to know their personalities. I loved Jerry and Leslie the most.
- Narcos- it started out a little slow with the first season, and the second season seemed to speed by, but nonetheless, I loved Narcos. It was weird liking Pablo at some points and then feeling the exact opposite about him because of the things he did, but as always I loved the family aspect of the show. I think that is my favorite part of all shows.
- The Sopranos- this show is full of ups and downs. I loved the family aspect and getting to know the core characters. I think you can experience every possible emotion in this show. It can definitely be sad and almost scary at times, but it is still an awesome show.
Those are probably my overall favorites, but I also really enjoyed catching up on The Fosters (I used to watch it in high school), watching Stranger Things, and finally getting into The Secret Life of the American Teenager.